Welcome to the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST: SEASON 2! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, we explore and celebrate the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we have met so many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to connect with and celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Teaser of guests from Season 2: Award-winning female Director, Astrologer, CBD Entrepreneur from Dallas, ex-entrepreneur who found herself by leaving, and so much more!
*note: this episode includes some explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Light is the New Black – Rebecca Campbell
- The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer
- UN|STUCK – introducing life + soul coaching with Rachel Bellotti
- Heal Documentary
- Intro music from Jukedeck – create your own at http://jukedeck.com
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- How can we be more present in the moment by using the concept of intention setting in partnership with goal setting. Thinking about how we want to feel vs. what we want to accomplish.
- Why is making friends as an adult so weird and what can we do about it? We can show up as ourselves, being a beacon for people that will resonate with our weirdness. Don’t force it, but be fearless in your search. There is no shame in wanting friends. Our ancestors lived in tribes, we can’t only tap on one person to be our everything.
- Just like in life, relationships have a life cycle. Some people will come into your life for a season, as reason, or a lifetime. Don’t get too caught up in internal expectations. Let time dictate which bucket they fall into.
TIME STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [4:15] Welcome to Season 2
- [5:20] Upcoming Guests for Season 2
- [8:55] Why everyone should host a podcast
- [13:00] Questions on how to sustain your true north
- [16:28] Intention setting vs. goal setting
- [20:00] Giving yourself permission
- [24:00] How to kickoff intention setting and how does it work with your goals?
- [30:36] Western healing + Eastern Healing
- [37:00] Making friends as an adult. Why do we make it weird?
- [43:00] Giving people permission to be where they are at and allowing people to show up with you
- [45:20] How an unusual haircut changed the people and conversations Rachel attracted
- [47:40] How we’ve gone from having tribes and communities as our support system to looking for everything from an individual person
- [51:30] The lifecycle of connections
- [58:01] Reality TV teaching life lessons
- [59:45] Wrapping season 2 episode 1 with air horns vocal percussion.