Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
In today’s episode, we’re so excited to talk to Lukas Sliz, an instagram acquaintance from Poland, turned friend. He is a writer, a speaker, a coach, a cruise ship trainer, with dreams of rethinking the education system in support of living authentically, and he helps people embrace who they are, to step into their power, and live the life they want to live. We talk understanding your ancestry, speaking multiple languages, sitting with your shit, cruise ship life, healing through finding meaning, perspective, compassion, connecting through real stories, projecting your triggers, mirroring + reflecting, resisting parts of yourself, rethinking the current education system, getting into spaces with people who are different from you, the trap of authenticity, advocating for your higher self, and surrendering. Lukas voice will calm you to your bones. His ability to live the words of authenticity so effortlessly will lull you into your own sense of self. Enjoy! <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thebraceletslinger
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @yung_pueblo
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @adriennemareebrown
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Wayne Dyer
- Dr. Edith Eger
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- What matters to you? What makes you get up each morning? If you’re struggling to find motivation around something, ask yourself what would give you a reason to care more? What would make it impossible NOT to do the thing you are avoiding? Can you connect to your own inner meaning or sense of importance around the thing + see how that changes your motivation to it.
- When you feel alone + there may be a reason why you cannot connect with a community in real life, real-time, consider tapping into the stories in a non-traditional way. The stories of people in books who might provide hope + inspiration. The stories of people from shows or movies, whether it’s the characters or the actors themselves. The stories from people on social media (yes some of them can be real + relatable!). The stories from your lineage + ancestors. We each hold a story that contains elements of courage + inspiration + dark times that we can relate to + learn from at any moment. Can we allow ourselves to remember our innate connection through stories when we are feeling lonely, + especially when we are isolated due to the pandemic or all sorts of other reasons (whether real or perceived).
- Your authentic self is the totality of all your parts + being willing to express them when they want to be expressed. We are not authentic only when we are happy or enlightened. Our authenticity lies in the innate expression of self that happens moment by moment. Being able to see + be ok with who that is, even when wounded or “dark” is living authentically. When we resist aspects of ourselves, then we are fighting ourselves. We are not at peace. We are not ourselves, but a manufactured fake self that disconnects us from the world + dehumxnizes ourselves + each other.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:30] Shaving your head
- [4:00] Theory of languages + speaking 3 languages
- [9:20] Connecting ancestral dots
- [11:47] AD: Come play with us! We have been expanding the podcast concept by finding new ways + places where YOU can be more of an active participant in the conversation of finding + living your own TRUE NORTH. The COLLECTIVE is a free monthly conversation with people from all over the world (third Thurs of every month). Our monthly workshops explore a different facet of authenticity + are held on the first Thurs of every month. The UNPACK series invites more voices into an episode to unpack a topic so that we can hear more perspectives + voices + approaches on the journey. Check it all out here!
- [13:00] Welcome, Lukas!
- [15:00] Having to sit with all your shit
- [17:00] Community is essential for co-regulation + healing
- [19:18] Conversations while pooping
- [22:40] Cruise ship life + self care
- [29:20] Learning from existing eco-systems/structures
- [32:00] Healing through finding meaning
- [35:00] Finding compassion for all people
- [39:00] Connecting through stories
- [43:00] AD: If you’ve been listening to this podcast for any amount of time, you know Jenell is pretty obsessed with Whoop, a wearable that tracks your heart rate variability + gives a ton of in-depth data around recovery, strain, sleep. To get your first month of whoop free + a free whoop strap, use this link to sign-up or DM Jenell via IG @jaynelreese!
- [44:30] Projecting your triggers
- [51:00] Mirroring + reflections
- [52:35] Authentic self
- [57:00] Resisting parts of yourself
- [58:00] Rethinking the current education system
- [1:02:00] Find your community + also be willing to leave them + be surrounded by other people different from you, too
- [1:03:00] The trap of authenticity
- [1:08:00] Advocating for your highest self
- [1:15:00] Surrender to what is
- [1:17:30] How do you live your TRUE NORTH in 1 word?
- [1:19:30] Connect with Lukas via IG @you.authentic.self