#4: TWO CREATIVE BRAINS: EMBRACING A MOBILE LIFESTYLE WITHIN THE TECH WORLD.
We are Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, co-hosts of the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST, exploring everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
We have met so many interesting people from all walks of life living fascinating and inspiring lives whose stories aren’t being told. This season we are excited to connect with and celebrate the untold stories of everyday people from Sheboygan, WI, to Santa Monica, CA, who are living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Introducing Dave Bellotti, a software engineer from California. He develops more efficient systems for tech entrepreneurs in the tech space. Because he loves travel and being outside, he has developed a mobile lifestyle that allows him to do his work from anywhere in the world. Most recently he has been diving into the crazy world of crypto mining.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Sensory deprivation tanks
- “Fear is the mind killer” from Dune book series
- J. Cole quote couldn’t be found, but here is a link to his documentary.
- Intro music from Jukedeck – create your own at http://jukedeck.com
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Keep growing and challenging your creativity and innovation by finding ways to switch perspectives through travel, talking with new people, doing new things, asking for feedback, and saying yes.
- Partners in life, especially as an entrepreneur, can allow you to go farther because you can lean on each other, process distractions easier, keep motivation up, and share weight of decision-making and emotions.
- Reflection can be a powerful way to gain further understanding of your reality, what you want, and who you want to become so you can more fully own your life the way you want to live it.
TIME STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [2:06] Sensory deprivation float tank
- [4:00] Introducing Dave Bellotti
- [5:50] Defining my lifestyle + incorporating more travel into it
- [9:12] Just saying yes
- [10:00] Culture shock
- [16:40] Overthinking things
- [19:30] Importance of soliciting feedback + reflection
- [21:25] Becoming an entrepreneurial partnership
- [25:25] Handling nay-sayers
- [28:30] Burning man + gaining new perspectives
- [29:15] Affirmations, intentions, allowing more fun into your life, + owning who you are fully
- [32:00] Creating pockets of your own reality
- [35:50] Connect with Dave Bellotti via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and LinkedIN: @creativebrains
- [36:22] Thank you for listening + reach out on our website if inspired