Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
In today’s episode, we’re so excited to talk to Ashley Parker, founder of A Splash of Ash, who’s made it her mission to inspire individuals to live their best lives while being their best selves. With her master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, she shares actionable mindset shifts to help you change your every day, which in turn will change your life. Check out A Splash of Ash Podcast on Apple + Spotify, as well as her blog, newsletter, + merch. And be sure to check out the episode where Ashley interviews THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE! In this episode, we wrestle with:
- Making friends through fitness
- Soft, tender strength
- Putting yourself in a box
- Judgment vs preference
- Making things about you that aren’t about you
- Holding the grey, disrupting old dynamics + having hard convos
- Be who you want to be
- Wrestling with our experiences
- Owning your shit
Ashley is relatable, down-to-earth, + will make you feel like you’ve been friends forever. Get comfortable, settle into your space, + enjoy this deep, yet light conversation about owning your shit. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @theblackenneagram
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @matt_cama
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @matriarch.movement
- Rishi tea
- Phil Good IG @philgoodlife
- Mark Groves IG @createthelove
- Kintsugi – Japanese approach to highlighting imperfections
- Meinl Wooden Frog instruments
- Come play with us beyond the podcast! The COLLECTIVE is a free monthly conversation with people from all over the world (third Thurs of every month) + our monthly workshops explore a different facet of authenticity + are held the first Thurs of every month. Sign-up here!
- Whalebird Kombucha promo: We’re teaming up with Whalebird to offer our listeners 10% off your order, using the code JENELLRLETSPARTY!
- Connect with Ashley at splashofash.co + sign up for her newsletter, or follow via IG @a_splashofash, + listen to A Splash of Ash Podcast
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Where have you created boxes for yourself that you may have outgrown? Where can you learn from the boxes you have created for yourself + start to expand beyond them? Where have there been boxes put on you that you can acknowledge + bust through? Where have you created communities around your boxes? You are not the boxes you have put yourself in, nor the boxes you have been put in. Keep learning + paying attention so that you can be bigger than these boxes.
- We are never always going to see eye to eye. We are going to have differences of perspective. We are going to want things to be different than others might want them to be. Having conversations when there is a difference of perspective is hard. Hard conversations are hard, but they’re essential + inevitable to build closer more understanding connections. You will learn so much about yourself + it will facilitate growth in all involved.
- Our hard life experiences CAN become gifts when we gently + truly sit with, wrestle, + look at them for what they are for us. Our experiences are invitations to take our lives back. Our situations can give us more range + an ability to sit with more of our own + the collective humxnity. If we force ourselves to simply believe that all our experiences are gifts, then we are just controlling + manipulating our reality. We must be willing to feel what comes with our life when we are ready to feel it + no sooner. And to seek help when we cannot do it alone. Then, we get to decide what our lives + our stories actually are, for us.