Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
In today’s episode, we’re so excited to talk to Kenzie Weidman, a 27-year old finance professional + fitness entrepreneur from Wisconsin, working full-time at Robert W. Baird as an Experienced Advisor Recruiter, while also being the sole owner + lead instructor of Evolution Cycle Studio (EVO). Kenzie is a lover of fitness + is passionate about creating inclusive communities around movement in safe + judgment free environments. In this episode, we wrestle with:
- Compassion + pain + letting go
- Starting a studio + keeping your full time job
- Power of having no plan
- Bringing back humanity
- Embracing our weaknesses
- Internalizing positive feedback + compliments
- Innovation through unlikely spaces + people
- Mirror work
- Body image
- Owning the complexities of your reality
- Cycle of healing + growth
- Friends of different ages
- Being a beginner
Kenzie is a grounded magnet for those who are ready to start believing in themselves + loving where they are along the way. She has an uncanny ability to hold the beauty in the WIP + inspire you to keep showing up for you. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @ayeshaophelia
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thenapministry
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @larissa_speaks
- Tonglen meditation
- Kevin James + King of Queens
- Whalebird Kombucha promo: We’re teaming up with Whalebird to offer our listeners 10% off your order, using the code JENELLRLETSPARTY!
- Connect with Kenzie via IG @kenzieweidman or follow her + her studio adventures via IG @evocyclestudio
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- The power of having no plan can sometimes be the most transformational influence. Where are you over-controlling your life + forcing your will when maybe releasing your grip could open you up to possibilities you never even dreamed of. Lots of times we cannot even think about what could show up + so sometimes we have to truly let go of our own visions to allow what we never could exist to show up.
- What if your highest potential self is actually buried within your weaknesses? What if the way through to who you want to be is by embracing the parts of you that you want to throw away? What if befriending ALL parts of yourself is the key to your life?
- You can love who you are + still want to improve on parts of yourself. It gets tricky when you feel like the only way to love yourself is to change aspects of yourself. You are always lovable. Period. The end. Wanting to change or evolve has nothing to do with how lovable you are. It has to do with who you want to be as you continue to love yourself in all of your layers + dynamics + contrast.