Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
In today’s episode, we’re so excited to talk to Zoya Flow (legally Tiff Cochran), a non-conformist who only uses the term since it seems most people need something to describe her. When people ask her who she is, she often simply says “Zoya.” She is gender non-conforming, uses the pronouns she/her/they/them, a grounded dreamer, focused explorer, meditative warrior, + creative thinker. She believes in mastering only what she must so she has space to taste more of life’s experiences, including being a certified healing artist focusing on herbalism, energy healing, reiki, divination, + meditation. She’s also the host of The Possibility Flow Podcast, a series of explorations to offer fellow explorers the opportunity to see topics from new perspectives to help them release their true selves in being + manifesting quantum possibilities. In this episode, we wrestle with:
- Trusting intuition
- Listening to the wisdom of elders
- Embracing the highs + lows
- Staying in unhealthy relationships until we learn our lesson
- Polyamory, bisexuality, + freedom of expression
- Love + conditioning
- Internalizing lifestyle differences
- Quantum possibility + non-conformity
- Importance of relaxing
- Cerebral vs embodied experiences
- Being the master of your own creation
- Pronouns + gender expression
- Self-love CAN come from loving others first
- Gender freedom
Zoya is a kind, genuine, non-linear, multi-dimensional being who makes it feel safe to explore the unexplored within yourself + the world around you. Thank you for your time, space, + energy; you are welcome back ANYTIME! <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @ayeshaophelia
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @shayla0h
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @billycarsonofficial
- Come play with us beyond the podcast! The COLLECTIVE is a free monthly conversation with people from all over the world (third Thurs of every month) + our monthly workshops explore a different facet of authenticity + are held the first Thurs of every month. Sign-up here!
- Whoop PROMO: get a free strap + first month free using this link or DM Jenell via IG @jaynelreese
- Connect with Zoya via IG @thezoyaflow or @thepossibilityflow
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Intuition isn’t just guidance towards the positive, it’s actually inner guidance along waves of ups + downs. This actually creates movement. If we were only guided towards the obvious “ups” then we would be stagnant. Insead, in order to keep the momentum, intuition actually sometimes guides you into what feels like a down because there is stuff to learn + grow through that part of the wave too + it keeps us moving on the wave + on our path. Where is your intuition guiding you today? Can you listen? Or are you forcing yourself to only listen when it feels “good” to you? What is that causing you to miss?
- Where have the labels in your life put unnecessary limits on your life? Sometimes having labels can acknowledge an aspect of yourself + it’s existence in the world. Sometimes the labels become a new cage with a new set of restrictions + expectations. It’s important that whether we utilize labels or not, that we allow each person to choose what works for them that allows them to feel most free being who they are. And for each of us to be open to allowing that freedom of expression to exist as we get to know each individual + their unique preferences.
- Embracing the idea of quantum possibility is acknowledging that there is always, always, always more than one way to experience or look at any given situation + this actually gives us the power to create. If we can allow ourselves to look beyond our current construct of should’s + shouldn’ts, there is an insane amount of iterations + options to consider for how to make the next move. And if this feels overwhelming, know that you can always narrow back down whenever you want, but that narrowing is a choice + not the ultimate truth. We are never actually stuck, we are just closed off to other possibilities.