Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we are honored to speak with Chenise Monet, a friend of Jenell’s from SLO, recovering people pleaser, avid adventurer, serial hobbyist (surfing, wine tasting, wine making, snowboarding, baking, longboarding), tech nerd, mother to a beautiful on + fiddle leaf fig tree, perpetual student who loves spending time outdoors, observing people, traveling, + reading, in an attempt to better understand the world + what drives our behaviors. In this episode, we wrestle with:
- Vulnerability boundaries
- Changing beliefs + values over time
- Recovering codependency
- Are you broken or just humxn?
- Feeling unfit to be a mother
- Embracing your uniqueness
- Getting stuck in your identity
- Projecting a critical self-view onto others
- Attachment styles
Chenise is a wise, loving voice of authenticity. She will invite you to own wherever you’re at with a raw, calm, loving, + honest vulnerability. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @sahdsimone
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @jayshetty
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @findingoourwaypodcast
- Whoop PROMO: get a free strap + first month free using this link or DM Jenell via IG @jaynelreese
- Come play with us beyond the podcast! The COLLECTIVE is a free monthly conversation with people from all over the world (third Thurs of every month) + our monthly workshops explore a different facet of authenticity + are held the first Thurs of every month. Sign-up here!
- Attachment styles
- Attached by Amir Levine + Rachel S. F. Heller
- Connect with Chenise via IG @chenise__monet
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Are your current beliefs + values still serving you? Sometimes we never check in to ensure that our inner guidance system is still up to date for who we are practicing being today. We can carry a lot of old, default, programmed beliefs + it’s important to check-in on them from time to time + adjust, shift, revise, throw out, re-create as many times as we need to to ensure we are operating from our truest beliefs + values.
- If you are unsure you can do a thing or are worthy of doing a thing, ask yourself if that is an undeniable truth or if there is a way to do it anyway? If you really want a thing, then you must be willing to overcome the fear of unworthiness (or other fears) that might come with it. Most likely you will need to overcome feelings of unworthiness at times (maybe sometimes more than other times), regardless, so you might as well have those feelings while you do the thing you want to do + work at overcoming those feelings + proving them wrong in the process!
- Can you embrace your uniqueness as gifts to the world? What if the way you are IS the gift? And if that’s too far of a stretch, could you reflect on how your uniqueness might be a gift? It’s a cool practice to start to consider that the parts of you that might seem abnormal could potentially be magical + inspiring + wonderful. Because spoiler alert – they are! You just have to believe it + live into it.