Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re excited to bring PART 2 of our final 2020 free, pre-recorded workshop all about PRESENCE. If you haven’t listened to PART 1 yet, we highly recommend you start here and then come back with this follow-up conversation about presence, with our favorite life coach, Judy Dejno, CEO of THRIVE – a human development company. This episode is an open discussion about presence and authenticity, from the perspectives of 3 humxns learning how to be more present. We talk about the cycle of presence, embracing the suck, chasing happiness, fixing self vs embracing self, and presence in connection with others.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @meditationswithsha
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @narcissismrecoverycenter
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @soulcarecollective
- Narcissism recovery center
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- What if instead of running away, avoiding, or fighting the sucky times, we embraced them? What does that even mean to embrace the suck? To us it means, allowing it to be what it is without making meaning out of it and accepting it as a part of the reality you are living in so that you can take that into account as you choose your next step. If you don’t embrace it, then you are fighting it and it fights back. If you embrace it, maybe you can work with it and put energy towards new solutions that factor the suck into it vs using that same energy to try and hope and pretend that the suck isn’t there – when it clearly is. Also know that acceptance of the suck can take time and there is also a grieving process that might happen concurrently. Know that all of that is ok and nobody expects you to leapfrog your emotions if you aren’t ready to embrace something – but know that when you are ready, that option is always there for you.
- What are you chasing? Happiness? Success? Is it sustainable? What would be sustainable? What if the only truly sustainable thing was to sit with what is here right now, and now, and now? What if sustained happiness is not about chasing some future state, but in being able to sit with what is, in this moment? To embrace the fullness of life that’s happening right now in all its forms. To savor the moment for what it is. To lean into the depths and aliveness of this humxn experience that only exists right now? What do you think?
- What if personal development isn’t about fixing you, but instead it’s about learning to embrace EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of who you ACTUALLY are? Are you trying to grow and evolve to fix a perceived deficit or to be a different person? Or are you trying to expand the compassion and acceptance of yourself beyond just what feels comfortable? To embrace the wholeness of the imperfection that is who we all are. What if THAT is actually real personal development work? What if THAT is where the magic is?
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:30] The cycle + waves of life
- [2:40] Embracing the suck
- [3:10] Sincerity
- [4:30] Flow + sustainability
- [6:20] Chasing good feelings, happiness, joy
- [11:45] Writing a different kind of cover letter
- [15:30] Choice
- [18:00] Fixing you vs embracing you
- [24:40] How does presence work when you’re in connection with others?
- [29:00] Allowing another person’s discomfort without taking it on
- [33:33] How are you living your TRUE NORTH?
- [35:00] Contact Judy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out upcoming THRIVE programs at THRIVEhdc.com
- [35:41] AD: We’re excited to announce a new set of workshops around authenticity, going live monthly in 2021. If you have enjoyed these workshops or just want to dedicate more time unpacking your own authenticity alongside others doing the same, we’d love to have you join us! Make sure you are following us on IG + on our mailing list as that is where you can learn more about the workshops, some special promotions, and sign-up. We’ll see you there!