Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re doing something new! On March 4th, 2021 @7:30-8:45pm CST, we are hosting our next workshop called THE CONTRAST: ACKNOWLEDGING YOUR MESSY TRUE NORTH. In this workshop, we dive into our own inner contrast and invite the question of how we hold the extremes of being humxn within and around us, embracing and allowing all of it to co-exist. By building a bridge within ourselves, we can start to build bridges around us, too. To get ready for this workshop, we have created a “best of” CONTRAST compilation reel. We took the best sound bites from previous episodes that truly set the stage for a conversation on what it means to embrace all of you + all of it. No matter what might be there. It’s an invitation that isn’t for the faint of heart, but it comes with the rewards of a lifetime. The chance to truly know + be yourself, fully. Welcome. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @televisionblues
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @melanieaminihajibashi
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @mrjross
- S4|E7 Tina Ahn IG: @tinaahn_
- S2|E8 Brooke Conley IG: @brookeconleyflow
- S3|E16 Sean Beiersdorfer IG: @sean_yogibeiers
- S3|E37 Amplify Lee Chambers IG: @essentialisecoach
- Sign-up for THE CONTRAST workshop here!
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Notice where you are labeling certain parts of yourself as “good” or “bad”. Is that judgment unequivocally true? What if it wasn’t true? What if that was just one perspective of many? What if the things that you are labelling as bad have more to show you below the surface? What if underneath that judgment is an invaluable lesson or learning or unlock. What if underneath that “bad” trait is actually a gift? Would you be willing to look at it a little deeper? Is it actually serving you to call parts of yourself “bad” and other parts “good”? What if the world actually needs some of your “bad” traits?
- How does your environment impact how you show up? Can you notice when an environment causes you to fall back into old patterns + defaults? And instead of hating on yourself, can you recognize that the environment is playing an influence? And instead of blaming the environment, can you come back to yourself and take responsibility for your part in it and let go of what isn’t yours and then make a choice that best serves you in stepping into the person you actually want to be? That might mean to leave the environment. It might mean you have to change your approach, or have a conversation that is uncomfortable or ask for something you need. Or a million other things. Only you know what’s best. And only you can know what’s best if you allow yourself to see what’s there within and around you.
- We are ALL + always will be humxn. No matter how far we’ve “evolved” or grown, we will still always be humxn. And being humxn means there is ALWAYS more to learn, more mistakes to make, more to reflect on, more emotions to experience again and again. We all will get tired + distracted + forgetful + go on auto-pilot from time to time – it’s normal. Even the most “woke” individuals…still humxn. We don’t get “there” by becoming perfect. We get “there” by being more present to the mess that is innately us right now, in this moment, with acceptance, forgiveness, and appreciation of our humxness. Because if you aren’t making mistakes then you aren’t learning and growing. And if you aren’t learning + growing + paying attention, that’s when you’ve really become stuck, stagnant, + robotic. So in a way, the mistakes actually sort of keep you alive. Kinda cool.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:40] Embracing it all + not avoiding the hard stuff
- [3:00] Being good at something doesn’t mean you HAVE to pursue it
- [5:50] Believing parts of you are “bad”
- [10:15] Being the paradox
- [11:30] Putting on a front that you’ve got it all together
- [14:30] Behind the scenes powerhouse
- [16:40] Seeing the patterns
- [21:00] Relatable struggles that we ALL experience as humxns
- [22:10] Behind the “strengths”
- [25:50] Seeing in color