Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re talking to LuAnne Buechler, CMP, Passionate Business Owner, Author, and Transformational Speaker. She’s a Certified Facilitator of The Passion Test, Director of Business Network International (BNI), and part of the Transformational Leadership Council working team. From the first moment you meet LuAnne, she feels immediately warm, safe, welcoming, and kind, leaving you with an innate smile on your face. We chat about the gift of learning to receive from others, being seen + heard, opening up to those in your life, the masks we wear that stop us from being who we truly are, vibrating joy, being an I HUG volunteer + the scientific power of a genuine hug on your body, discovering your passions, consciously choosing, finding your deeper self, NOT owning your dreams, questioning everything that you think, aligning your actions with your values, and asking yourself if you really love what you’re doing in your life? This is a warm + soft landing place to explore how you might live life with passion in a way that resonates with you. We’re glad you’re here with us. <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @melaninebasecamp
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @sharynaholmes
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @indigenouswomenhike
- Thrive - a human development company
- Strengths Finder
- Book a complimentary PASSION Coaching session with LuAnne Buechler
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to receive from others? Is this a normal state you are comfortable being in? Or do you brush away support and help? Being able to receive from others is such a gift for everyone - the giver and the receiver. It makes the giver feel good because they feel useful, valuable, + loving. And the receiver is able to experience support, know they are not alone, + feel loved. It’s truly a win-win, so go out there + allow yourself to receive support, help, + love!
- The lack of hugs has been scientifically proven to impact the state of the body. We need hugs. And being able to hug will shift your energy and the energy of those around you profoundly. But it needs to be a sincere + genuine hug. When’s the last time you had a really great hug? When’s the last time you gave a really great hug?
- What vision or dream have you failed to own? And as a result, that dream has faded away? When we really want something, we must allow ourselves to see it, hold it, feel it, revisit it, tweak it, recommit to it, + ultimately fully own that vision. No one else will hold that for you or make sure it happens. We each must honor and own our dreams and passions with utmost respect and never give up on them or they will never see the light of day. Where can you start to water the seeds of your dreams, and then tend to them again and again and again. And weed them and water them some more, so that they have a fair shot?
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:15] Hallmark movies
- [5:10] What’s a California accent?
- [8:00] Different types of friendships
- [14:00] Allowing yourself to receive
- [19:48] AD: Join our monthly COLLECTIVE on the 3rd Thursday of each month. It is our free monthly community event where we unpack an aspect of authenticity while connecting, reflecting, sharing, listening, and being ourselves alongside others who are also practicing living their TRUE NORTH. This month, the convo will center around THE CONTRAST - living your messy TRUE NORTH. Sign-up here!
- [20:44] Welcome, LuAnne!
- [23:00] Being seen + heard
- [24:30] The masks we wear
- [26:50] Catastrophes that brings us together
- [29:15] I love hugs + spreading love across the nation!
- [41:00] The Passion Process
- [41:40] Transformational adventure treks
- [47:00] Trying on language
- [49:20] AD: If you love this space, the TRUE NORTH community, + the conversations that unfold here, we’d love it if you’d leave us a review wherever you are listening to this podcast. It might seem like a small thing, but it really helps us to be able to continue to grow this community. Or if reviews aren’t your thing, consider spreading the love by sharing this episode with a friend who you think would resonate with the content, invite a friend to join you at one of our free community events or workshops, or introduce someone new to the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE. We are always welcoming new humxns that are fearlessly finding their TRUE NORTH to come explore + practice being humxn with us. Thank you for being here with us!
- [50:20] Consciously choosing
- [54:00] A journey to find that deeper self
- [56:10] Own it!
- [58:00] Lack of patience + instant gratification
- [1:01:00] Question everything that you think
- [1:03:30] Pick one thing that works for you + just do that really well
- [1:06:00] Passions vs values
- [1:07:00] When my life is ideal, I am….
- [1:09:20] Do I really love what I’m doing?
- [1:11:40] How do you live your TRUE NORTH in 1 word?
- [1:13:40] Connect with LuAnne Beuchler via http://luannb.com/