Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re talking to Rachel about turning 38!! Her birthday is on this Friday - January 29th. She’s an Aquarius air sign, winter baby with layers and layers of truth, curiosity, openness, beauty, self-proclaimed weirdness, depth of emotion, and wisdom and we are honored to have her in the world. HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, LOTTI!!!! In this episode, we talked about how Rachel got here, what she’s learned, what she’s taking with her into her 38th year of life, what she’s leaving behind, where she’s headed, and what she’s celebrating. It’s a shorter episode where we just love on Rachel for being a badass humxn. Feel free to shower her with love on IG this week and/or on her actual birthday, this Friday. She has historically hated being the center of attention, but this year she is changing it up + embracing the love. <3 <3 <3
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @angrytherapist
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @soulcarecollective
- “Birthday” singing meme from the beginning of the episode
- Polyvagal Theory
- Single. On Purpose by John Kim
- Kate Kent - Nice Hair Milwaukee
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- What does your life currently revolve around? Is it your relationship? Your job and career? Your youth? Or is the arrow of life pointing to you? Notice where you may have lost yourself by putting all your focus into something outside of you, and can you start to invite small steps that encourage the reconnection to self. To what YOU need. To what’s important to YOU. This isn’t about being selfish and ignoring everything around you for blind personal gain. It’s about recognizing that the only person who can truly care for you is you + if you are too busy focusing on something outside yourself, you will start to slowly or quickly fade away. Don’t fade!!! Choose you, with kindness + love.
- Sincerity is something that we don’t talk about much, but without sincere conviction, then we are just a bunch of talking heads. What are you truly committed to actioning and doing with sincerity and heart? Not because you have to or you were told to, but because you choose it in the face of everything + anything that shows up? Where is your sincerity being channeled currently? Where do you want it to be used?
- Where in your life have you waited around for a partner, a family member, a friend to do what you could do for yourself? What would it take for you to take ownership of your life + stop waiting around for someone else to be the permission slip for your needs + wants? It is not ultimately their responsibility - it’s yours. Go get it, honey!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:10] Happy Birthday, Bellotti!
- [4:20] Choosing me
- [7:10] What do you want to take from this year + carry into this next year of life?
- [9:00] What do you want to toss out + re-evaluate?
- [11:11] What would 38-year-old Rachel say to 39-year-old Rachel?
- [14:00] A year of being single + not choosing from a place of desperation
- [17:00] It’s time to get to know me
- [19:30] Being grateful to be alive
- [20:30] Shaving my own head
- [26:00] Shine
- [27:30] Space to reflect
- [29:00] Welcome to your 30s (almost)!!!
- [30:00] Letting go of projected identity truths
- [31:07] Connect with +/or shout out Rachel via IG @rachel.bellotti for her birthday this week + on her big day (January 29th) <3
- [31:21] AD: Sign-up for our mailing list so you are staying up to date on all the cool things we’ve been putting together for 2021 - upcoming events, virtual community experiences, new content. We’re honored to steward this space + continue to expand this conversation with you.