Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/@introspectivedsgn
Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk COVID-19 and give a general update of our lives amidst this new world we are living in. It’s a really weird time out there and we’re all feeling all of it. So, we decided to record our experience living in this new reality of isolation, disruption, and confusion, while still attempting to be ourselves and live our TRUE NORTH. Here’s to stepping into the uncertainty and unknown together and remembering that we WILL figure this out in our own ways and we CAN find inspiration in the unexpected pivots of life. Remember, you are not alone in this and we love you as you are no matter what that looks like today.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Breath live-streamed meditation
- Streamed yoga classes with Emily
- Spain fitness video
- Sean Beiersdorfer
- November Project
- Life Wheel exercise
- THRIVE life coaching – free 30-minute coaching
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- One of my favorite THRIVE concepts is that there is magic in disruption. And right now, we are totally living in disruption, as individuals and as a collective. The idea here is not that we jump right to the magical part of disruption, and rather that we invite a pause, a consideration, an invitation that there potentially could be magic in the big disruptions of life. When we can allow ourselves to truly be in the disruption and experience it for what it is, then we can accept this new normal and our part in it so that THEN we can look for magic, look for our next step that feels true for us within this new reality.
- Connection can come in all shapes and sizes. We tend to only think of it as one person meeting in real life with another person, however, connection can come in digital form (duh!), between animals and humans, across balconies, within oneself, and in nature. The connection we feel to the thing bigger than us, to beauty, to creativity, to the vastness are all very valid forms of connection that we can dig into if we allow ourselves to go below the surface of only human to human live connections. Where do you actually experience connection in your days? It might be more places than you think.
- When shit goes haywire and everything is thrown up into the air, you have a choice to put it all back where it was before, or to pause and choose to rearrange what is placed where within your life. Some things might get packed away. Some new things might get placed in the forefront. Some things may get thrown away or you might bring in totally new stuff. Allow the shake-up to be an invitation to allow the pieces to settle back into place differently.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [2:00] Taking it one day at a time
- [4:00] Experiencing unexpected connection around the uncertainty alongside other humans
- [6:30] Seeing businesses pivot to support humanity right now
- [8:00] The gift in this disruption
- [18:00] When the small things REALLY matter
- [20:00] Self-care + non-self-care in quarantine
- [30:00] Slowing down + being ok doing the best you can
- [34:00] Impact of being represented in your physical environment + space
- [43:50] How do you live your TRUE NORTH amidst disruption?