Welcome to the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST: SEASON 2! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we have met so many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we continue to connect with and celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we wrap-up season 2 with our final episode of 2019. What did we learn? What are we proud of? Who are we now? How are we living our TRUE NORTH after a year full of inspiring conversations with unique, everyday humans doing what they do and being who they be? What a year! Plus some genuine thoughts and rants around social media, authentic content creation, pooping, keeping up with the Joneses, losing your sense of self, thinking macro, reclaiming your sovereignty, building community, and surrendering to what is. We wish you the best end to your year and we’ll see you in 2020 as we kick-off Season 3!!
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- If you are going to ask others to be vulnerable or you want more vulnerability in the world, then you better be willing to join people there. And sometimes the best way to start is by truly listening to others. Listen as they share. Listen as they process. Listen as they navigate. Listen. Period. Listen as they practice being authentically vulnerable (even when it’s uncomfortable) – it can be the powerful permission and invitation we needed to be ok finally sharing and being authentic ourselves in the world too. We are all in this together.
- Practice allowing yourself to “unfollow” the things that aren’t speaking to you each day, so that you can reconnect with yourself and what you want to experience in your life and who you want to be. Whether that is on social media or in the real world, give yourself permission to see what it feels like to create space from a thing without it being “bad” and see what happens, knowing you can always come back to that circle or conversation when you feel ready to.
- There is real power in giving your own experience merit. “Experts” aren’t the only ones that we can gain wisdom + insights from, especially if their values, desires, and experiences are different from our own. Many times the true wisdom will and does come from within – our own inner dialogues, new awarenesses, inner truths and acknowledgments, the vulnerability of sharing what’s going on within us even if it isn’t sorted out yet, and the connection that we make with our own selves along our journey of trusting our own experiences, values, and desires.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [0:30] Celebrating 2 yrs of podcasting since launching on Xmas 2017
- [1:10] Creating authentic content
- [7:30] Keeping up with the joneses
- [10:00] Unfollowing
- [17:30] What have we learned in season 2?
- [20:30] Navigating what it’s like to lose your voice/sense of self
- [24:00] Conversations on death with Danielle (S2:E9)
- [25:00] Does spirituality matter? (S2:E3)
- [26:30] Giving people + places a chance even if they don’t feel like home
- [28:00] Honoring the contrast within each of us (S2:E8)
- [31:00] Giving everyday people the mic
- [33:40] Making friends as adults NOW
- [38:00] Share the questions your wrestling with!
- [42:00] Living your TRUE NORTH after season 2 + 2019?
- [48:00] A few new things comin’ atcha in Season 3