Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re excited to bring our final 2020 free, pre-recorded workshop all about PRESENCE. This is a 2-parter with our favorite life coach, Judy Dejno, CEO of THRIVE - a human development company. This first episode is the pre-recording of the actual workshop on PRESENCE, done in real-time so that you can follow along with us from the comfort of your own home. Part 2, next week, is an open discussion about presence and authenticity. So, find a comfortable + quiet space, print out the Presence Worksheet (below), grab your favorite drink, put on some gentle background music, maybe grab a few friends if you want to experience this alongside others, + get ready to connect inward so that you lean into what’s here, now.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @meditationswithsha
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thepossibilityflow
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @soulcarecollective
- Presence Workshop (LINK TO PDF)
- Work with Judy Denjo for life coaching
- TNC podcast about seeing + being seen: S3|E44 Loneliness: Finding your true north in 2020 (part 1)
- Elizabeth Gilbert - Big Magic
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Presence isn’t about striving for peace. It is about recognizing where you are right now and being with the depth of what’s actually here without making it right, wrong, good, bad. Peace is almost a derivative of the ability to accept + lean into what is - right now, fully - not just the “good” stuff.
- When you are outside of yourself, you are actually cutting yourself off from your innate creativity. Being outside of yourself means that you are disconnected from yourself and more connected to something outside of yourself (disempowerment). Start to pay attention to when you are outside of yourself and what got you there. What is it like to be outside of yourself vs connected to yourself in the present moment? What are the body sensation differences? What are the experiential differences? What are the voice differences? What are the behavior differences? What are the thought differences? Knowing your unique markers for being connected or outside of yourself can help you to know when you are outside of yourself and that you might not be tapping into your fullest creative potential.
- Reflection is such a powerful practice to keep learning about who we are and how our system works and what our unique experience is so we can read and understand ourselves better. There is no right or wrong way to reflect, simply allow judgment to settle away if you can and notice the data points that you see and how they trend over time. Notice what throws you off. Notice what is consistently present before, during, and after amazing experiences and not so amazing experiences. Reflection is an invitation to pause + thoughtfully and honestly gather information so you can learn about how you uniquely work.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:40] Experiential workshop around Presence
- [3:23] Welcome, Judy!
- [5:50] AD: We’re excited to announce a new set of workshops around authenticity, going live monthly in 2021. If you have enjoyed these workshops or just want to dedicate more time unpacking your own authenticity alongside others doing the same, we’d love to have you join us! Make sure you are following us on IG + on our mailing list as that is where you can learn more about the workshops, some special promotions, and sign-up. We’ll see you there!
- [6:51] BEGIN PRESENCE WORKSHOP HERE
- [24:35] AD: As you know, Rachel is a life coach, and to wrap up this crazy year, we’re excited to offer our TNC community an exclusive 10% off any/all life coaching packages/sessions purchased with Rachel between now + 1/31/21. Simply email email@example.com + mention promo code TRUENORTHHOLIDAYS. <3
- [55:51] Email us if you wanna keep talking about presence + authenticity at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- [56:00] Contact Judy via email at email@example.com or check out upcoming THRIVE programs at THRIVEhdc.com