Get ready for THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 4! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we continue to celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we have Karla Beltchenko and Cindy Luffred. Karla is one of Rachel’s long-time dance friends from childhood in Chicago, IL. Karla is the founder + director of The Narrative Body, a coaching + consulting program that teaches professionals, groups, and businesses about the power of body awareness + non-verbal behavior. As a young professional, she started out as a professional dancer and then transitioned into the arena of movement research, yoga, and other wellness modalities. Karla holds an MFA in Creative Practice from Trinity Laban Conservatory of Music + Dance in London, utilizes the Laban Movement Analysis, and has dedicated her life to studying the nuanced intricacies of humxn movement, with a goal of helping individuals uncover the power they hold in their bodies, and giving them the tools to connect + communicate on a deeper level. Cindy Luffred, a self-proclaimed truth doulah, a spiritual medium, intuitive healer, and Founder of Revealing Soul. She’s the co-host of Slightly Spiritual Podcast, co-founder of the Soul Talks Meditation practice, and has a passion of bringing the energy of soul into view in a grounded + relatable way. Cindy uses her mediumship + intuition to reveal the parts of yourself that are hidden to reveal the truth within so you can manifest abundance without. We talk about allowing all parts of ourselves to exist and not forcing ourselves into any one box, resonating with the frequency of joy, somatic-based practices that allow the body to heal, listening to the subtle signals of the body vs just the bigger signals, energetic body awareness, pets as a way to build awareness in your body, plus Jenell + Rachel have channeled readings with Cindy! NOTE: we shorten them for the sake of the show. 🙂
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thehoodhealer
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @soulcarecollective
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thehoodwitch
- Babette Rothschild
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Who you are is not what you do. And who you are is a homogenous mashup of things. You are allowed to be many things. You are allowed to be indifferent boxes. You are allowed to straddle many different lanes. You’re allowed to color outside the lines. You are allowed to hold all the parts of yourself without forcing it to fit perfectly into an understandable narrative. If this doesn’t feel true to you, what would be possible if you allowed yourself to imagine that it could be? What might open up for you? What would you do if all of you could exist?
- We have been taught to only pay attention to the bigger, faster, stronger things. But really, the most powerful stuff is the small nuances + subtleties. Especially when it comes to our bodies, if we wait to only listen when it’s screaming at us, we are oftentimes too late to the game to make the changes we need to change course. If we slow down and listen to the smaller, more nuanced, subtler voices of the body, we can catch things and work with it along the way versus fighting it tooth and nail until it crashes and burns. What can you start to notice within your body each day to start to hear the small differences over time?
- Can you release your need to control EVERYTHING? What if the universe/divine/God/whatever you call it is trying to support you but it cannot get through because you are holding too tightly to the reigns? What if you released some of that control? What if what is in store for you is WAY BEYOND anything you could ever imagine, but your refusal to loosen your grip is keeping you handcuffed to the limits of your own imagination? If you knew that something so much better was available to you would you be willing to let go a little bit more?
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:20] Miley Cyrus look-alikes
- [2:15] A truth doula
- [4:20] Feeling truly whole in a place
- [8:00] Doing hard things in new arenas
- [9:15] AD: Get excited for our April workshop, all about CONSISTENCY as a hack to committing to your TRUE NORTH. This 75-minute workshop unpacks the essential life hack of consistency + how we choose to show up for ourselves + the world, again + again. We deep dive as a community on our habits, practices, support systems, and more to support us in living our TRUE NORTH or not. Join us on 4/1/2022 @7:30pm CST by signing up for your spot here. See you there!
- [10:15] Welcome, Karla Beltchenko!
- [13:00] Welcome, Cindy Luffred!
- [15:45] Embracing all the different sides of yourself
- [20:00] Returning to the truth of my soul
- [20:50] Getting into resonance with love + joy
- [22:40] What does happiness + joy feel like in your body?
- [24:45] Body-based somatic practices to heal trauma
- [29:50] Listen to the boring body signals
- [35:00] Energetic body awareness + pet awareness
- [39:50] Aura
- [44:08] Rachel’s shortened channeled reading by Cindy
- [51:26] AD: Check out the latest creation, SEEDS, by Agora Artists (from S3|E18), an online concert of dance works created by 7 dancers + choreographers in Dallas, TX. It’s an opportunity for independent choreographers + small dance companies to come together + get paid for their work during these unprecedented times. The event starts on Saturday, March 27th @5pm PST and runs until Saturday, April 3rd. Get your tickets here! We appreciate you supporting our amazing community!
- [55:00] How to use channeling to validate + resonate with your truth
- [58:30] How to take the leap to entrepreneurship?
- [1:04:00] Jenell’s channeled reading with Cindy
- [1:13:00] Hope is rooted in fear/Intention is rooted in faith
- [1:22:00] What does an authentic body look/feel like?
- [1:24:00] Alignment
- [1:26:00] You cannot neglect parts of yourself + show up authentically
- [1:28:10] How do you live your TRUE NORTH in 1 word?
- [1:30:00]] Connect with Karla via thenarrativebody.com or IG @thenarrativebody or via personal IG @lovekarlabel. Connect with Cindy via revealingsoul.com or IG @revealingsoul.