Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk to Ryan Stanley (he/him), a life coach, co-creator of Teach me to Sell, lifelong entrepreneur, personal development trainer, former art/music manager, and a recent author of Be Patient, Be Present, Be Joyful. Ryan was a stranger we met from the internet whose energy we adored and we immediately knew we wanted to get a glimpse into his background to learn more about his seemingly endless optimism. From shady club owners to empowering conversations with young musicians, writing screenplays that allow you to meet Tom Marshall from Phish, how tech is evolving humxnity, living each day with purpose, being an A.D.D. entrepreneur, having fun with personal development, should-ing vs could-ing, and building a habit of growth, this episode unpacks and invites each of us to create our life from a place of purpose and choice in a super relatable and doable way. Enjoy!
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @thelovelandfoundation
- #amplifymelanatedvoices coachingforeveryone.org
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @innerlightwarrior
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @soulcarecollective
- Karmic Juggernaut
- CB Radio
- CC Coletti
- Africa by Toto
- Country Roads by John Denver
- Ram Dass
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- When you get a hit of intuition to take a leap or a step that seems maybe random or disconnected from where you thought your life was heading, pause and listen, especially if it doesn’t go away. This seemingly fleeting idea might not be the ultimate clarity you were looking for, however, what if showing up for it led you down a path that actually got you closer to your clarity – maybe through a side door or an underground tunnel that you never knew existed. How might these seemingly random intuitions actually be invitations to trust and allow the magic of life to co-create with you for your benefit in ways you couldn’t imagine were possible.
- We all have the capacity for every single humxn expression and experience. If we only focus on the ones that we think are “good” we will miss out on a depth of life that exists for us within the nuances of expressions that innately exist within and around us? What experiences are you avoiding that could actually give you life?
- The person you are today is NOT the same person you were yesterday, a week ago, a year ago, 10 years ago. And it’s NOT the same person you will be tomorrow, so to expect yourself to hold true to a purpose that was created by a version of yourself that no longer exists is almost holding yourself back or keeping yourself locked into a very small box instead of allowing your purpose to evolve over time with you, continuing to organically evolve as you do.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:00] Who doesn’t wear sunglasses?!?!
- [2:36] Sans déodorant
- [4:10] Where in the world is Jenell?
- [5:25] Welcome, Ryan!
- [5:30] AD: Welcome to THE COLLECTIVE for November (11/5 @7pm CST), a live digital community conversation on authenticity – November is all about core desires + core fears via the Enneagram tool. Join us via zoom here or sign up to receive our newsletter to be the first to know about what we’re up to + how you can play with us. And if you’re looking to learn more about Enneagram prior to THE COLLECTIVE, have a listen to S3|E19 as some pre-work (totally optional). See you there!
- [8:45] Empowering conversations with creatives + entrepreneurs
- [13:00] Music, passions, + meeting Tom Marshall
- [18:00] Following seemingly random hits of intuition
- [21:30] Personal development buzz phrases + fluffy words
- [27:00] What were previous generations having conversations about life + authenticity?
- [28:40] AD: We’re looking for some cool grandparents or great-grandparents to talk with about authenticity! If you know one, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org or IG – we’d love to connect with them for future episodes. And if you wanna check out a recent episode featuring a rad grandma, have a listen to S3|E38 with Barbara Larkin + her family about multi-generational wisdom on authenticity!
- [32:13] We are all of it
- [33:40] How technology has helped us evolve
- [40:00] Being an A.D.D. entrepreneur
- [43:00] Living each day with purpose
- [49:50] Should-ing vs could-ing
- [52:20] Is there a benefit to judgment?
- [55:00] Choice + being humxn
- [1:04:45] AD: We have big dreams to grow this podcast + community! If you love this space as much as we do, we’d love if you’d share this podcast, recommend it, + leave a review and let people know what we are all creating over here in this small corner of the world. Thank you!
- [1:05:00] The habit of growth takes practice + will probably hurt
- [1:08:00] Growth as an immune system
- [1:09:30] Be Patient, Be Present, Be Joyful
- [1:10:00] Writing a book + creating your reality
- [1:19:40] How do you live your TRUE NORTH?
- [1:20:00] Reach out to Ryan via his website ryanstanley.com or IG @rms_ryanstanley. If you want to purchase his book Be Patient, Be Present, Be Joyful, it comes with a complimentary coaching session!