Welcome to the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk about Rachel’s epic two-week trip to Egypt and unpack what made it “life-changing”. We consider ancient civilizations with advanced technologies from over 100K years old, being open to new cultures and ideas, how travel can change your life and fuel a sense of self-discovery, and how perspective truly creates your reality. Let’s take a trip!
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Contact in the Desert
- Hugh Newman
- Megalithomania tours
- Soul of Egypt tours
- Mena House
- Giza Power Plant by Christopher Dunn
- Ancient Technologies of the Gods
- Graham Hancock
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Any idea can have merit and all voices matter. Even if they seem far-fetched, there is SO much that we don’t know. So, even a small seed or essence of a seemingly hair-brained idea could have merit to consider. It might not solve the whole puzzle, but it could get you from “s” to “t” and that might make a world of difference to the bigger answer. Plus, by shutting down certain ideas, we shut down creativity and imagination in general, which is what we need to continue to evolve and grow as humans.
- Your perspective projects your reality onto whatever you are looking at and experiencing. And if you aren’t willing to open up your perspective to new ideas and thoughts, then you kind of become stagnant as you are simply forcing any new info into your already existing construct. What if you could allow some curiosity and openness to have a dialogue that stretches your imagination and opens up new possibilities that you never thought could exist? And when you realize that something different could exist…now what is possible for your life and for society?
- Half the fun of life is going on your own journey of discovery. Don’t just take the stories from others as your own, go do the things that excite you and create your own viewpoint and questions and answers! And then continue to have conversations with other people who are doing the same to exponentially expand the world’s ideas and concepts.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:20] A two week tour of Egypt
- [2:20] Ancient technologies that created the Pyramids that’s more advanced than what we can recreate today
- [5:00] How old are the pyramids?
- [7:00] Are we really the only advanced civilization that existed in the last 65 Billion years?
- [12:00] All ideas have merit
- [20:00] Power of your perspective as a projection of your reality
- [26:00] When does the majority become the majority?
- [29:00] Human ego + hierarchical evolution
- [34:00] What made Egypt life-changing?
- [36:30] Egyptian culture
- [39:00] What is “freedom” really?
- [51:30] Dying before you get the answers you want
- [52:30] How to support alternative research?
- [55:00] Rachel’s an Aunt + alternative ways of raising your kids
- [1:00:00] Contact Rachel with any questions about Egypt via IG @rachel.bellotti