Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk to Ronit LeMon (she/her), an intuitive sounding board and one of Rachel’s coaching mentors from her certification at the Human Potential Institute. Ronit is a life coach, rune reader, board director, mother, dynamic life co-creator, former teacher, cacao scholar, breathwork practitioner, and a dream work alchemist via Sun + Moon. We chat about being a child of two strong female immigrants, raised in LA, growing up around the reading of tea leaves and coffee grounds while also being expected to be brilliant and beautiful all at the same time, accidental vision quests, self-medicating, intuition, ego, underworld guides, and all things dreamwork. This episode gently unfolds the connection between our dreams and our authentic expression, inviting us to step into the delicious world of the dream maker.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @napministry
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @iamandco
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @ijeomaoluo
- Well Groomed Documentary
- Ronit LeMon
- Human Potential Institute
- University of Montana
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Women Who Run With Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Animas Valley Institute
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Are you in your true and intentional authenticity or are you using authenticity as a weapon (as a fuck you)? Be mindful of where you are throwing your authenticity in people’s faces and using it as an excuse or a shield. Everything can be used for good or as a weapon, even authenticity. Be aware of how you are using yours.
- In the work of becoming, we must notice where we have left parts of ourselves on the side of the road and eventually gather those parts back up so we can stand in our wholeness. Notice where you are or have shed parts of yourself that got in the way. Maybe some of them really were in the way. Maybe some of them were left with the intention of coming back later and you forgot about them. Whatever was shed, can you invite yourself to take back the parts of you that are essential to being you and leave the parts that truly get in the way of that?
- Dreams are a necessary part of being true to yourself. The more you pay attention to your dreams and the more you are in relationship with your dreams, the more you know about yourself and the more you can express your authenticity. Your dreams are a way to connect to aspects of yourself that are below the surface. How do we get a whole picture of ourselves without knowing the dream aspect of ourselves? We spend a third of our lives asleep - this is not wasted time, it is a special part of our lives that gives us glimpses that we cannot connect with in the waking world.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:10] Creative grooming
- [2:00] Shifting energies that shift your voice
- [3:00] Taking care of self + respecting others to take care of themselves
- [6:16] Authenticity as a weapon
- [9:05] Pulling a geographic
- [9:50] AD: Welcome to THE COLLECTIVE for November (11/5 @7pm CST), a live digital community conversation on authenticity - November is all about Enneagram. Join us via zoom here or sign up to receive our newsletter to be the first to know about what we’re up to + how you can play with us. And if you’re looking to learn more about Enneagram prior to THE COLLECTIVE, have a listen to S3|E19 as some pre-work (totally optional). See you there!
- [10:25] Welcome, Ronit!
- [15:20] Confusing life purpose + what you do
- [17:00] Leaving parts of yourself along the way
- [20:30] Being in your becoming
- [25:30] Connecting to your wildness
- [27:40] Spirit vs soul
- [29:00] What if the earth dream’s through us?
- [34:30] Intuition + clairaudience
- [37:00] Integrating intuition + analytical
- [40:09] Integrating
- [42:30] Accidental vision quest + underworld guide
- [45:20] Introduction to dreamwork
- [49:00] AD: Did you know that we’re on YOUTUBE now?! With a year full of zooming, we thought it would be fun to show you our fun faces as we record. So, if you are more of a visual content lover, make sure to check us out on YOUTUBE. Enjoy!
- [53:10] Dreams + being your true self
- [56:20] Dream ego
- [1:04:00] Lucid dreaming as a form of hyper-vigilance
- [1:06:30] Routines + seasons of rituals
- [1:11:00] Death dreams
- [1:17:20] Tarot pull for this episode - Queen of hearts
- [1:18:55] How do you live your TRUE NORTH?
- [1:19:40] Reach out to Ronit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via her website or IG @ronit.lemon