Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we’re bringing back Judy Dejno (she/her), Partner at THRIVE - a human development company, Mindset coach, and insightfully rad human, to co-lead the second live recorded workshop in our 2020 workshop series. This workshop reconnects us to our relationship with our bodies and creates space to discover our body’s TRUE NORTH. If our body was an actual person, what type of friend would it be? Partner, stranger, estranged lover, bestie, bully, enemy? In this workshop, we invite a dialogue with our bodies - to listen and build a different type of connection. Grab a pen, print out the worksheet in the resources section, and find a comfy space where you can sincerely focus on you. We always encourage doing these workshops with friends as it can be really impactful to be witnessed + bear witness to each others’ journey - we always find we learn so much from each other! If you need more time than we have allowed in the recording, simply pause the workshop while you share and reflect. This workshop has been very meaningful for us to create and facilitate and we hope that you are able to get what you need for you and your body. We see you and love each of you exactly as and where you are.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- BODY WORKSHOP WORKSHEET
- The Body Keeps the Score
- Intelligence in the Flesh
- Somatic practices
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- There is a beauty to hearing the real-life, present-moment, honest experience of the facilitators of workshops too. Because each person’s unique experience has merit and when we are able to listen to the gamut of potential interpretations, we open ourselves up to realizing just how many ways there are to experience a thing and therefore, there is space for our interpretation to exist, too, with just as much validity. We are all simply humans trying to figure it out, even facilitators. When we deem someone an expert for any reason, we run the risk of outsourcing our experience to them and their truths and their ways instead of empowering ourselves to connect with our own discernment + inner wisdom. And actually staying connected to our truths is way more powerful, and probably the only way to experience long-term sustainable impact.
- Having a formal practice allows it to become more second nature in real-time. At first, the practice may feel forced and clunky, however, when we allow ourselves to get more comfortable in the uncomfortableness the more it starts to sink in and stick so that when we are in our daily lives we can call on that skills much more quickly for ourselves without needing all the setup and ritual involved.
- We are moving so fast and have so many times in our lives where we are pushed along to the next thing, the next thing, the next thing that we usually don’t give ourselves the time to ask what is important for us as individuals about this thing or that thing? Whenever we can, there is an invitation to self-reflect. To take the experiences we are having and give ourselves time to ask, “What do I want to remember from all this? What has this all meant to me?” To consider how we take all this information from life and make it our own and personalize it so that it can have a lasting impact and not get forgotten in the mix of the millions of moments and distractions within and around us is an important step not to be belittled or overlooked.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [2:15] Welcome back, Judy!
- [2:30] Why would I want to have a conversation with my body?
- [4:00] Importance of hearing the raw responses of all sorts of people and doing growth work alongside other people
- [5:43] AD: Join us on June 4th @6:30-7:20pm CST for our monthly community conversation, THE COLLECTIVE, where we will have an open dialogue around self-sabotage: how do we neglect ourselves?
- [6:30] Let’s get started: go ahead + print out the worksheet from the resources section and answer the first few questions at the beginning of the worksheet
- [13:00] This might be a vulnerable + uncomfortable conversation + know that whatever you are feeling is totally normal
- [16:00] Love + Personal Responsibility
- [19:30] Embodied presence + intelligence
- [29:00] What do you want your relationship to be with your body?
- [30:00] Shine a light on the influences that are here right now within you
- [33:00] Taking a meta-view of my beliefs + influences
- [42:00] Start, stop, continue
- [43:23] HUMAN INTERNAL OPERATING SYSTEM™ (H-IOS™)
- [47:00] Make it yours + your unique body mantra
- [1:09:30] Connect with Judy + THRIVE via thrivehdc.com or email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org