Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold - until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk to Sean Beiersdorfer (he/him), a friend and fellow meditation teacher at Breathe Mind + Body, a musician, yogi, yoga teacher, and amazing human with a huge heart. We unpack how WWE Pro-wrestling surprisingly parallels yoga + life, our relationship to our bodies through rhythm, getting out of your own way, reconnecting to the love of something for the love of it, role of the bad guy, and sharing your WIP to give the world permission to start showing up for themselves and experiencing life not to be perfect, but to experience something.
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge @ Disneyworld
- Jenna Marbles
- SNL - Airport Sushi sketch
- Headbangers Ball
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- You can like what you like and not like what you don’t like. You don’t have to like or dislike things just because people you care about like or dislike those things. Notice what you lean towards on your own accord vs what you are leaning towards because of the people around you.
- There is a place for the shadow, for the bad guy parts of yourself that ruffle feathers in the world and/or make mistakes. This exists in all of us whether we want to admit it or not. Those frequencies and aspects are a part of this human experience and they carry a necessary role in all of our lives. It can be easy to demonize them and want to avoid them, but we become our own hero when we can know them and still accept + be ok with the fullness of ourselves, including these aspects - not just the parts that are easy to love. And when we ruffle other people’s feathers, it is an invitation for others to become their own hero as well.
- Post your work in progress. Share your real, honest, attempts at being you. Be messy. Try it and show people your tries. You have no idea how much you will inspire people to give their own dreams a go, to let go of their own perceived barriers, because they see someone else doing something imperfectly and continuing to show up and do it anyways and get better. You doing this gives the world permission to try their thing, not because they are the best, but because it’s beautiful to watch people be led by their hearts and experiencing a depth of life within themselves. We can all experience this, we just have to be willing to be a WIP.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [1:30] Corn poops
- [3:00] Ghosts during quarantine
- [13:00] Self development work + demons
- [15:00] How Pro-wrestling WWF superstars relate to yoga + life
- [20:00] Rachel aka “Homeless Lotti”, Jenell aka “The Raptor”, + Sean aka “Mister Bonet” cut their own pro-wrestling promos
- [28:00] Introducing Sean!
- [34:00] Getting in your own way
- [38:00] Listening to your body
- [42:00] Recognizing + pursuing your tastes
- [50:00] Acknowledging the heels (bad guys in wrestling)
- [1:02:00] Doing something for the love of it