Welcome to the TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti and Jenell Riesner, this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we continue with PART 2 of our conversation with Judy Dejno, Partner at THRIVE – a human development company, Mindset Coach (she’s actually Rachel’s life coach), and all-around superb human. In this conversation, we unpack TRUST and everything that comes with it – from lack of trust to micro-doses of trust, to recommitting to trust, and what happens when you stay too long in the space of no trust, and everything in between. This episode contains the seeds of true transformation by inviting us to step into the fullness of who we are – through TRUST. Trust in ourselves, trust in our failures, trust in life. AND chats about how the heck you actually do it in your own way. Enjoy!
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- THRIVE – a human development company
- THRIVE Pro Skills Training Program (understanding you + how to own your value)
- THRIVE Influencer Training Program (how to own your influence in your life + in the world)
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- When what society or external influences or what you think you “should” be doing doesn’t feel right, take those feelings seriously and give yourself the space to ask yourself what WOULD feel right for you? From a place of love + personal responsibility we always have an invitation to make a choice that feels in alignment with who we want to be and do it in a way that comes from love + kindness, truly owning our path vs creating a victim mentality against society/shoulds/expectations or defiantly + defensively choosing or making the thing we don’t want “bad”. Instead, it comes from a place of empowerment + honoring your inner guidance without dishonoring other choices that exist around you. Sometimes easier said than done. 🙂
- There are so many more options other than just muscling through something that doesn’t feel right OR leaving. We could also choose to live intentionally within the parameters that exist, taking what currently exists and tweaking an aspect of it so it feels more right for us, finding possibilities + opportunities that would make staying a yes and empowering ourselves to create those experiences for ourselves or ask for support in making them a reality.
- Life is a collection of data points that slowly guide you towards where you are supposed to be. Each experience, each attempt, each avoidance, each leap, each decision or non-decision is not good or bad, it’s just new data to take in and decide what you want to do with it in your life now. And each moment gives you more data (internal + external) to consider and make another choice that gives you more data, etc. So, just keep collecting data and paying attention to what it is telling you and adjust accordingly – to what feels right for you.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [6:30] Acknowledging self-doubt
- [8:00] NOT finishing college + being a successful adult
- [11:30] What we see isn’t always what’s real
- [13:00] Learning to truly enjoy learning
- [21:00] Making decisions that are NOT in alignment with yourself
- [24:00] Life as a collection of data points
- [26:00] TRUST muscle
- [36:00] Learning to pay attention to yourself vs living externally
- [48:00] Patience
- [50:00] Experiencing a lack of trust
- [57:00] Trust is an intentional practice + commitment
- [1:00:00] How do you live your TRUE NORTH?
- [1:29:30] Contact Judy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out upcoming THRIVE programs at THRIVEhdc.com