Welcome to THE TRUE NORTH COLLECTIVE℠ PODCAST: SEASON 3! With co-hosts Rachel Bellotti (she/her) and Jenell Riesner (she/her), this is a gathering of un-sugar-coated conversations celebrating the untold stories of everyday people fearlessly finding and living their true north.
In our own search to discover and live from our TRUE NORTH, we continue to meet many interesting, courageous people from all walks of life, doing all sorts of amazing things to live life in their own unique way. Stories from all over the world. Stories with heart. Stories with grit. Stories with plot twists. Stories going untold – until now. This season, we celebrate these untold stories of everyday people who are fearlessly living their true north and inspiring each of us to do the same.
Today, we talk to Ivette Guintu (she/her), Jenell’s friend and former co-worker at Mindbody, a learning and development professional, with a masters degree in public health, and a mother of two who recently started a brand called Mom’s Talk Trash – documenting the journey of all things low waste. From Halloween costumes to 90’s eyebrows, working on global health, but somehow still not feeling fulfilled, meeting your “soulmate”, learning how to evolve after your partner gets in an accident that leaves them paralyzed, confidence, luck vs choice, relinquishing control, and imposters syndrome, we discuss the power of sharing your insecurities and fears in order to liberate yourself and others from the isolation of perceived unworthiness. Enjoy!
*note: this episode includes explicit language appropriate for those ages 16+
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @sylvestermcnutt
- #amplifymelanatedvoices @intersectionalenvironmentalist
- Co-Active Training Institute
- Music from: https://www.jukedeck.com/
3 KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Can you allow people in your life to evolve? Can you allow their journey to unfold the way they want it to, regardless of what that means for you? It is so easy to have a vision of our future with someone else, but they have a say too. AND life has a say, as well. And what happens when your vision doesn’t match what unfolds? Can we be brave enough to let go of control? Can we be brave enough to listen to our hearts and follow what we hear no matter where it might take us? Maybe that is actually what love is. No right or wrong, just thoughtful, authentic, and honest listening and responding.
- You can go from A to C and not necessarily have to go through B. The way you get there might be different depending on a bunch of factors. And when you can get connected to your values and your intention and your authentic truth, you can allow detours and bumps to show up that might not seem linear, and still find your way to your ultimate vision nonetheless. By releasing control and allowing life and others to co-create with us, we will get there by embracing a path that might look different than what we had expected. And that is ok.
- There is power in sharing your fear, lack of worthiness, and insecurities because you are seriously NOT the only one that ever feels that way. You are humxn and it’s part of being humxn to have fear, lack of worthiness, and insecurities during your life. When you can open up and not isolate or keep your story hidden, you can liberate yourself and others who are also looking for connection and support.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [2:00] Halloween memories
- [9:35] Dressing up in a tight dress to buy chocolate chip cookies
- [13:13] 90’s eyebrows
- [17:10] AD: We are looking for guests! If you or someone you know is obsessed with authenticity or is fearlessly finding and living their TRUE NORTH, and they want to be a guest on our podcast, please email us at email@example.com or reach out to get more info! We’d love to have you on to chat about all things TRUE NORTH.
- [17:44] Welcome, Ivette!
- [24:24] How do you know if someone is your soulmate?
- [32:00] The evolution of a relationship after a spinal cord injury that leaves your partner paralyzed, in a wheelchair
- [38:00] Relinquishing control
- [45:00] Imposters syndrome
- [51:00] Sharing your honest insecurities + fears + lack of worthiness
- [58:00] Noticing when you are trapped in thinking you don’t deserve something or aren’t worthy of something
- [1:02:00] Luck vs choice
- [1:04:00] Confidence
- [1:09:00] Trusting in the evolving nature of life
- [1:13:00] How is this preparing you?
- [1:18:20] How do you live your TRUE NORTH?
- [1:19:25] Reach out to Ivette via IG @momstalktrash